The Melbourne Football Club Board has made a significant investment to communicate, engage, support and recognize both past and current MFC people who have made a significant contribution to our great Club. The Club Development team was given the task in 2012 of presenting a strategic plan to achieve the Board’s wishes. This was approved, and is being implemented in 2013. Our people will come together under the banner of “Old Acquaintance” (OA), and will work with the current MFC Past and Present Players’ and Officials’ Association (P&PP&OA). There is no cost to be a member of the Old Acquaintance.
It was agreed by our Board that the two organisations (P&PP&OA and Old Acquaintance) will run parallel to each other for the remainder of 2013, so that members can assess the benefits or otherwise of the Old Acquaintance proposal.
Details of the 2015 Annual General Meeting of the Melbourne Football Club Past & Present Players’ & Officials’ Association Ltd:
Date: Monday, 23rd March
Venue: MFC Boardroom
Level 3, Great Southern Stand
Brunton Avenue, East Melbourne 3002
We welcome members’ attendance to catch up with old friends if you are available to come along.
MFC P&PP&OA committee members
Colin Barnes, Paul Burnham, Ted Carroll, Brian Dixon, Brian Kenneally, Leon Magree, Russell Robertson, John Stanaway and Daniel Ward
- Anyone eligible to join MFC P&PP&OA before 1 January 2014
- All players on MFC senior or rookie lists
- CEOs and Directors – 3 years
- Full-time staff – 5 years
- Part-time staff and volunteers – 10 years
- Any person who, in the opinion of the Board, has given loyal and valuable service to the Melbourne Football Club
As we endeavour to develop our database of prospects to be included in the Old Acquaintance program, we would be grateful for any details of your colleagues who qualify to be part of the group. All 2013 members of the P&PP&OA are currently included in our database, and we welcome everyone’s input in providing contact details of those we do not have. An application form is located here.
The Club is committed to communicating with Old Acquaintance members via the following:
- Direct access to Old Acquaintance fulltime Club contact, Jackie Emmerton
- Regular newsletter to communicate Club activity
- Old Acquaintance page on MFC website
- Database management to ensure Old Acquaintance contact details are accurate and complete on an ongoing basis.
- Past Players’ Benevolence Policy
- The MFC will contribute a monetary amount per annum to a Benevolence Fund, directed to the welfare of past players
- A sub-committee of the OA committee will be formed, comprised entirely of past players, to create a policy involving all aspects of the Benevolence Fund
- The Benevolence Policy will focus on all support mechanisms for OA members, including AFLPA past player entitlements, funeral and hardship support
- In lieu of subscription fees, members can make a donation to the Benevolence Fund if they wish
- Chaplaincy support
We encourage all past players whom have been retired for 8 years and over to join the AFLPA Alumni, as there are considerable benefits on offer for a minimal sign-up fee. Below are links to an explanation on the Alumni and a membership form.
- AFL Players Alumni Webpage
2014 Engagement Opportunities
Click here for a full list of 2014 offerings
Should you have any queries, ideas or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss further.
Contacts for more information are:
Melbourne Football Club
Gifting and Relationships Manager
Phone: (03) 9652 1122
Mobile: 0409 806 750
Melbourne Football Club
Club Development Manager
Phone: (03) 9652 1146
Mobile: 0407 878 282